Meeting Minutes - March 19, 2020
President: Michael Bennett
SCC Manager: Andrew Foisey
Michael calls meeting to order at March 19, 2020 4:01. Andrew seconds.
Andrew motions to accept the agenda. Michael seconds.
1. Association report:
- Have not heard back from key requests. Andrew attempts to interject, but the meeting moves forward regardless.
- Elections will occur in Fall, assuming school resumes. AGM scheduling should be a decision item next meeting.
2. Financial report:
- See previous minutes for current status.
3. SCC report:
- It's pretty okay.
- Calendar is still a potential project. No point working on it right now.
4. Website report:
- Michael took photos for a new header image for the website. Will create a collage later.
- Still todo on calendar for SCC being integrated into website.
- Website redesign probably not currently necessary but worth working on if students are interested.
- TODO - take down 3D printer info on website. Maybe put up mention of faculty printer, if they want.
- Exam scheduler could be useful, there is some student interest.
- Caleb & Mykal both have website access now.
5. Communications report:
- Discord bot has been added for notifications.
6. Projects report:
- Pinboards are on hold until virus ceases.
- If anyone wants GitHub association access, request it at https://github.com/ufvcsa
- TODO - fix csa email account system
7. Events report:
- ERA event is cancelled.
- Hackathon: Still a possibility in the future. Should consider talking to professors when possible about involvement.
- Funding might be possible through UFV. TODO - look into this as an option for events.
- Gaming event would still be popular. Considering either Board Games+LAN or Smash/similar tournament. Should discuss with more people. TODO - Probe for interest in Discord.
8. Expansion report:
- We are now in touch with Kayla from co-op and there is mutual interest in future coop related events.
9. Department news:
- IEEE Hackathon has been delayed until at least May 1.
- Meet in 3 weeks online again to discuss further. Schedule it next week.
Meeting adjourned at 4:12PM by Michael.
Meeting minutes created by Michael Bennett.