Meeting Minutes - June 30, 2021

Caleb calls meeting to order at 7:07 PM on June 30, 2021.

Members Present


President: Caleb

Finance Officer: Zach

Projects Manager: Josh


Vice President: Aaron

Secretary: Rhys

Webmaster: Mykal Machon


Alumni: Michael Bennett

Meeting Items


1. Association Report

  • New Association executives were elected at the AGM, but involvement is "on pause" for the summer as many executives are busy with work/school and UFV is still closed.

2. Financial Report

  • Zach provided a financial report, no updates regarding bank account access.

3. SCC Report

  • No updates regarding the status of the SCC. See May 3, 2021 minutes for last update.

4. Website Report

  • Mykal was absent, so no report was given.

5. Communications Report

  • Discussed the possibility of a competition for recruitment.

6. Projects Report

  • No active projects.

7. Events Report

  • No events currently planned. This is still on hold until the Fall at the earliest.

8. Expansion Report

  • The CSA Discord has been active and looks to be a good way to continue engaging with current students.

9. Department Report

  • Carl Janzen has been in touch with the CSA regarding attending faculty meetings.
  • Holden has started the UFV Undergraduate Research Association in an attempt

Action Items

  • Zach will contact Tyler to try and gain control of the bank account.
  • Caleb will be touch Carl regarding updates to the UFV School of Computing.
  • Caleb will inquire about SCC access during the Fall 2021 semester and rules regarding in person meetings/events.
  • Caleb will also begin organizing the current CSA information and putting together a plan for the Fall.
  • Josh will start looking into ways to increase engagement.

Meeting adjourned at 7:33 PM.

Meeting minutes created by Caleb.

Next meeting scheduled for August 25, 2021 7:00 PM.