Meeting Minutes - February 27, 2020
President: Michael Bennett
Projects Manager: James Purdey
Website Manager: Andrew Foisey
Michael calls meeting to order at February 27, 2020 4:08. Andrew seconds.
Andrew motions to accept the agenda. Michael seconds.
1. Association report:
- Haven't heard back from UFV Key Requests yet. Will give them one week (first week of March) then will pursue other avenues for getting in contact.
- We cannot get a csa.ufv.ca mail server for firewall-related reasons.
- Agreed that we should have elections sooner than later.
2. Financial report:
- See previous minutes for current status.
3. SCC report:
- The student computer now works!
- The printer now works!
- The 3D printer definitely does not work.
- RAM chips have been removed as per decision in last meeting.
- Andrew wants to throw away expired soda. Maybe decision item.
4. Website report:
- As of today, we show up on Google as the third result for "csa ufv"! So SEO is sort of working. Sent an email to firstname.lastname@example.org in regards to fixing the UFV link.
- Will take photos for new header image today.
- Still todo on calendar for SCC being integrated into website.
- Website redesign probably not currently necessary but worth working on if students are interested.
- TODO - take down 3D printer info on website. Maybe put up mention of faculty printer, if they want.
- Exam scheduler could be useful
- Should be good to give Caleb and Mykal SSH access to the website.
5. Communications report:
- Everyone agrees on adding a bot to the discord to give tags to users so they can opt in to notifications.
- Michael did put this meeting on twitter but the engagement seemed... low.
- Fliers on public notice boards - still a consideration
- TODO - Add random/meme thread in Discord maybe.
6. Projects report:
- Finished putting first (out of 3 remaining) set of pins into temporary board; James said he would repaint at one point.
- If anyone wants GitHub association access, request it at https://github.com/ufvcsa
- TODO - fix csa email account system
7. Events report:
- The ERA event is planned to happen on the 25th of March from the morning (probably 8am) to approximately 2pm. The location is TBD, ERA will bring a hard drive shredder.
- Hackathon: Speak with Carl. Michael notes that this would require a lot of planning.
- Funding might be possible through UFV. TODO - look into this as an option for events.
- Gaming event would still be popular. Considering either Board Games+LAN or Smash/similar tournament. Should discuss with more people. TODO - Probe for interest in Discord.
- Next meeting - 3 weeks? Another poll seems like a good idea for this. Try for exactly 3 weeks out. Post poll today. TODO.
8. Expansion report:
- Talked about whether a bigger room might be possible. Will probe around for this, might require more engagement.
9. Department news:
- IEEE may or may not be happening.
- Agreed that we shouldn't publicize printer information. Anyone is allowed to use it while a CSA rep is in the room.
- Andrew proposes scrapping and selling the printer. We will wait a week to do a proper vote on this.
Next meeting will be in three weeks assuming nothing changes.
Meeting adjourned at 5:04PM by Michael.
Meeting minutes created by Michael Bennett.