Meeting Minutes - February 6, 2020
President: Michael Bennett Projects Manager: James Purdey CSA Members: Andrew Foisey
Member Regrets: Derek William
Meeting called to order at February 6, 2020 4:18.
Andrew motions to accept the agenda. Michael seconds.
1. Association report:
- Plans made to speak with professors regarding spreading information about CSA to students.
- Going to speak with security regarding keys.
2. Financial report:
- $44.15 on fridge
- Todo: Gain exact figures on bank, shares, & cabinet.
3. SCC report:
- Lock needs relocking
- Calendar creation is necessary for open-times
- Room rules should be enforced. Including: Volume, hygiene.
4. Website report:
- Todo: Fix SEO for google (ufvcsa.ca -> csa.ufv.ca)
5. Communications report:
- Broadcast stuff over facebook, twitter, instagram
- Fliers on public notice boards
6. Projects report:
- Nobody is sure what the intention of the openstack project was for (from previous agendas). Not going to include on future agends.
- Looks like there is interest in finishing the current pinboard project.
- Caleb was volunteered to redesign the website.
- Look into getting professor involvement (Potential VR thing).
7. Events report:
- ERA event: students expressed interest.
- Hackathon: Speak with Carl.
- Gaming event would be popular.
8. Expansion report:
- There is interest in helping people get interested in co-op.
- There is interest in helping people get prepared for co-op.
- Helping students is difficult due to possible issues with academic dishonesty. Add written rule for not giving answers, only guidance/advice, where appropriate.
9. Department news:
- IEEE may or may not be happening.
- Probably going to remove the broken computer in a permanent sense.
- Potentially sell 3D printer.
- Recycle RAM chips.
- We don't know where that power supply came from.
- Assume this time until something preferable is found.
- Andrew was given key by unanimous vote.
Next meeting will be in three weeks assuming nothing changes.
Meeting adjourned at 5:13PM by Michael.
Meeting minutes created by Michael Bennett.